80-20 Rule for Weight Loss

January 10, 2021 / diet, fitness tips, obesity
80-20 Rule for Weight Loss

Weight loss is not a very difficult process when you follow the dieting way. It’s a simple and straight formula – eat less and gain less. No food, no fat. However, during the process, you may achieve your desired weight but may not necessarily achieve fitness. Along with your desired weight, you also get dull skin, improper digestion, hair fall and weak body.

It is therefore very important to lose weight the right way. Besides giving you a slimmer body, the right way of weight loss gives you many other benefits.

But, what is the right way of losing weight?

The ideal way to lose weight is by eating the right food, burning the right amount of calorie. And that’s where the famous 80-20 weight loss rule comes into play.

What is the 80-20 rule for weight loss?

The 80-20 rule for weight loss gives 80% weightage to your diet and 20% to exercising and working out. However, this has mostly been mistaken the other way round giving 80% to exercise and 20% to food. But this is not true!

It is important to understand that without the right nutrition, your weight loss will do more loss to your body. And it is no big secret that nutrition plays a big role in your healthy weight loss journey. 

According to the 80-20 rule for weight loss, nutritious diet and right exercise complement each other to give you the desired result. Eat right, burn right and let the both of it do the magic on your body. And of course, this is a scientifically proven method for a healthy and sustainable weight loss. 

How to follow the 80-20 weight loss rule?

When we say 80% of weight loss depends upon what you eat, you need to understand what to eat in that 80%. This 80% should be the right combination of all the nutrients that your body needs including proteins, vitamins, fats, minerals, fibre and carbs.

How to ensure 80% nutrition in everyday meals?

Know what you feed your body with. Fill your plate each of the above nutrients in the right amount. Understand the importance of each of these and the role they play in your healthy weight loss journey.

  • Proteins – Proteins are the building blocks of your body
  • Minerals and Vitamins – Vitamins and minerals build immunity
  • Carbohydrates – For a fully functional healthy body
  • Fats – Healthy fats take care of your energy and functioning
  • Fibre – Takes care of your gut and digestion process

To ensure you consume all of the above in the right amount, you can also take help of nutrition supplements that besides supplying the right amount of nourishment to your body, also aids in the weight loss process.

In nutshell

The 80-20 rule is important to achieve healthy body weight without compromising on fitness. On the contrary, this 80-20 weight loss formula manages your overall body fitness and with the right 80% of the food, you can lead a better active lifestyle.

Leave a Comment

*Required fields Please validate the required fields

*

*

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.